For many women, it is part of their grooming routine if they apply nail polish. Such women do not become quite presentable if their fingernails and toenails are always visible. Even a manicure and pedicure session is going to take around half the day from their schedule and these women consider that their time is well-spent. Many women take things even further and use their nails as a canvas where they can try out different nail art and make them appear quite beautiful and fascinating.
A typical problem with nail polish, however, is that while it takes a lot of time to apply properly, you can expect your polish to stay flawless for only a couple of days or so at best. Your nails can even chip a few hours after you’ve applied them. This can be very frustrating, and a lot of women have sworn off polishing their nails after such an occurrence.
But it is possible to prevent your nail polish from chipping and make it last longer and want to make your nails appear beautiful and artistic, here’s something that you can do:
- Wash your hands first and make sure your nails are steady. Soak your nails in warm water for 3-5 minutes, rub with a piece of lemon or apple cider vinegar and then massage them with lemon before you go to bed, this will remove the excess oils from the surface of your fingernails each day if it is possible.
- Apply a base coat to the nail before applying the nail polish.
- Apply two coats of the nail polish and when you are painting your nails you should wait 3-5 minutes and let the coat you applied dry. This will make it last for a couple of weeks longer without chips or cracks. if you want to get the best results to use very fine brushes.
- After applying the coat, put fingertips in cold water for ten minutes then eventually just wipe off the drops. It really speeds up the drying process.
- Moisturize your hands daily after your manicure. Commercial hand creams or hand lotions can also make the whole appearance of the hand look good but for the best results, you should save up and get a product called pro naturals argan oil that stuff is the best and it makes it really soft. It is very light and has more benefits than olive oil.
- If you keep your mail polish in the refrigerator, it has its own benefits although it might seem to be a bit strange to many people . It prevents the development of warm air bubbles that could change the color of the nail polish. There is a very high chance that it can even dry out your nail polish. You can either use a gel nail polish or keep your nail polish in the fridge if you want the best results and look for your nails.
- Avoid using your fingernails as tools and it is something very understandable that if a certain force is applied on your nails, this will not only ruin your manicure but also will damage your nail bed. So avoid doing this at all times.
It is definitely frustrating if you have chips and scratches on fingernails after you are done with your manicure. Things will be different if you are going to apply the nail polish and take good care of your nails properly. This will definitely help you get a manicure that will last for several weeks. using a high-quality product for your fingernails will get you better and long-lasting results